- Looting a shrine with elongated shadows
- Accepting a hug when resting overnight in a village
- Consuming a red mushroom at low Sanity
- Getting the Bleeding debuff during combat with an Abomination
- As a random insanity event (when Sanity drops to 0)
The mark's incubation period is random and can turn its host in a matter of days, or persist over multiple expeditions without ever advancing. It can be cured with a First Aid Kit, resting at Healing Springs, or being healed at a Shaman Hut.
|Mental||Acrophobia • Alcoholic • Angry • Bipolar • Cannibal • Claustrophobic • Cursed • Dendrophobia • Kleptomania • Lepidopterophobia • Local • Paranoid • Pyromaniac • Racist • Renounced • Sexist • Superstitious|
|Physical||Enemy Attention • Followed • Hallucinations • Hearing Loss • Infected Wound • Injured • Jungle Rot • Malaria • Overburden • Pneumonia • Rabies • Scurvy • Sprained Ankle • Strange Biting Mark • Viewing Loss|