A red mushroom is a type of mushroom that can be found in many places, during the expedition. It can be sold for Funds or donated to the museum for Fame. Alternatively, it can be used to heal wounds suffered by the expedition members, due to it's potent healing properties.
A mushroom can be eaten (by left-clicking in the inventory bar) allowing player to choose a wounded member of the expedition. The chosen member will then be immediately healed for a single wound they were suffering from.
A red mushroom can be acquired by:
- bartering with natives at a village.
- bartering with the shaman at his hut.
- bartering with slavers at a slaver's camp.
- found among the loot at a stone head statue.
- looted from inside a shrine.
- looted from hostile natives.
- found in some caves.