- Trade items for general supplies and tickets.
- Pay 1 ticket to rest overnight, regaining 30 Sanity
- Pay 1 ticket to travel automatically via dog sled to any other station
- Stash up to 3 items to automatically be shipped to London at the end of the expedition.
- Tickets are always available to purchase in groups of 3, 7 and 15 at every polar station. These tickets do not expire and can be saved for future expeditions.
- Stashes are independent to their specific station, so a map with 3 polar stations can stash up to 9 unique items or item stacks.
- Stations have unique values attributed to certain items. For specific item values for bartering, see: Trader.
- The explorer Roald Amundsen starts with 10 tickets.
The polar stations have several references to John Carpenter's 1982 creature-feature The Thing, and its prequel that debuted in 2011. The polar stations resemble the real-life Thule Station that is featured in both films. One researcher character is called MacReady, the name of the protagonist from the original movie.Though resting overnight at a polar station doesn't cause any negative effects, the group may hear terrible sounds at night, and the next morning may find that the researcher has been replaced with a new one, much like the events from the film.
|General||Arctic Stockpile • Camp Site • Cave Entrance • Elephant Graveyard • Healing Springs • Lizard Village • Mission • Oasis • Old Camp • Polar Station • Raptor Nest • Shaman Hut • Ship • Shipwreck • Shrine • Slaver Camp • Stone Overhang • Stone Statue • Tomb • Trading Caravan • Village • Waterfalls|
|Special||Altar • Cenote • Giant Spider Den • Golden Pyramid • Golden Seal • Portal • Stone Circle • Temple|