Cave Entrances are locations leading into dark, dank caves. Caves can only be explored safely if you have a torch. Those exploring a cave in darkness can may stumble into an enemy, or even cause a companion to become an abomination unless there's a successful roll of the required precision dice.
Exploring[edit | edit source]
A cave has many variations, mostly random. Upon exploring, you may find:
- Remains of an explorer and loot usable and often consumable items. This is good to just generally fill up your stock and supply.
- A graveyard to loot, with possibly a valuable mummy.
- A deeper passage that leads you to the entrance of another cave located somewhere distant on the map. Excellent for travelling across the map quickly to find new explorable areas.
- A random assortment of wild mushrooms.
- A sacred pool which can reveal important locations like the golden temple.
- A rare Yeti you can befriend or combat (only possible in Arctic worlds)
- A narrow gap only one party member can fit through. You can choose a party member to send in, but be warned: if your companion is Claustrophobic or you fail a precision dice roll, they may not return.
- Paintings on the walls that may unlock an extra destination on your world map when selecting your next expedition.
- A nest of giant spiders, if you've accepted the special quest from native spirits.
|General||Arctic Stockpile • Camp Site • Cave Entrance • Elephant Graveyard • Healing Springs • Lizard Village • Mission • Oasis • Old Camp • Polar Station • Raptor Nest • Shaman Hut • Ship • Shipwreck • Shrine • Slaver Camp • Stone Overhang • Stone Statue • Tomb • Trading Caravan • Village • Waterfalls|
|Special||Altar • Cenote • Giant Spider Den • Golden Pyramid • Golden Seal • Portal • Stone Circle • Temple|