Cannibal is a mental ailment that will trigger an afflicted companion to eat another party member when traveling, resting, and even searching loot locations while at low Sanity. A cannibal will continue to periodically eat companions and eventually even the explorer, ending the game in failure. There are three causes of cannibalism:
- An Insanity event while travelling with more than one human companion. Another human companion is lost during this.
- Eating a Red Mushroom when at low Sanity.
- Accepting a bowl of questionable meat when resting overnight in a village.
- Abomination companions have a variant of this ailment that cannot be cleansed, in addition to their need to regularly feed on some form of Raw Meat - which will include you and your other companions if you have none on hand - though functionally these mechanics are inseparable.
- Animal companions may be affected.
- The Former Adventurer quest companion is always picked up with this ailment.
|Mental||Acrophobia • Alcoholic • Angry • Bipolar • Cannibal • Claustrophobic • Cursed • Dendrophobia • Kleptomania • Lepidopterophobia • Local • Paranoid • Pyromaniac • Racist • Renounced • Sexist • Superstitious|
|Physical||Enemy Attention • Followed • Hallucinations • Hearing Loss • Infected Wound • Injured • Jungle Rot • Malaria • Overburden • Pneumonia • Rabies • Scurvy • Sprained Ankle • Strange Biting Mark • Viewing Loss|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.